|#202: The Host
||[Sep. 22nd, 2007|03:59 pm]
The X Files Episode Discussion Community
Case file: The Host
Original Air Date: 23rd September 1994
Mulder is called to investigate the death of a man found in the New Jersey sewers. When Scully examines the victim she discovers that this is an X File - a worm is found inside.
Written by: Chris Carter
Directed by: Daniel Sackheim
MOTW/Villain(s): The flukeman!
"The Truth" tally: None but Scully says "Mulder, it's me" twice.
Music: score only
Scully: Is this seat taken?
Mulder: No. But I should warn you, I'm experiencing violent impulses.
Scully: Well, I'm armed, so I'll take my chances.
Mulder: They don't want us working together, Scully... and right now, that's the only reason I can think of to stay.
X (on phone): Mister Mulder.
Mulder (on phone): Yeah.
X (on phone): I think you should know... you have a friend at the F.B.I.
Mulder: Well, that's good. I didn't want to have to tell Skinner that his murder suspect was a giant, blood-sucking worm.
Mitch Pileggi - Walter Skinner
Darin Morgan - Flukeman
Matthew Bennett - Workman #1
Gabrielle Rose - Dr. Zenzola
Full list on IMDB
- Darin Morgan is a writer on the show, and brother of Glen Morgan, another writer.
- Gillian was heavily pregnant on this shoot, which is why she is always seated, wearing big coats and hiding her belly.
- Chris Carter's inspiration for this episode was his father's work in sewer construction, and that his dog had worms at the time of writing.
Possible questions to answer..
1. Do you consider this to be a classic X Files episode?
2. Is this an episode that you would watch again?
3. What is your favourite thing about this episode?
4. What is your least favourite thing about this episode?
While working on this entry, I found this site! http://www.askdrscully.com - did anyone else know about that one? How great is that! It even lists all their hospitalisations, etc.